One Dish Ham and Scalloped Potatoes
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk (or half & half for rich taste)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 medium onions, sliced thin
- 4 large russet potatoes, sliced thin (peeled)
- 12 ounces ham, sliced thick (¼-inch thick, cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray with oil, a 2.5 qt. casserole dish.
Making the SAUCE
- In a small saucepan, using the SAUCE ingredients, melt the butter and stir in flour. Cook about 1 minute; whisk in milk. When it thickens into a sauce, remove from heat and set aside.
Making the CASSEROLE
- Using the CASSEROLE ingredients, in a small skillet, cook sliced onions in butter until onions are translucent and browned.
- Make Layer 1: Using just ⅓ of the sauce, spread it out across the casserole dish bottom. Layer on ½ of the onions, ½ of potatoes, ½ of ham pieces. Some overlapping is okay.
- Make Layer 2: Repeat using ⅓ sauce, rest of onions, potatoes, and ham.
- Make Topper: Use final ⅓ of the sauce. and top with the cheddar cheese.
- Bake middle shelf, uncovered, 50 minutes, or until potatoes are cooked through. Let rest 10 minutes, then enjoy!
Resources of Best Ham and Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
Visit our ALL Recipes page for ongoing latest new recipes.
See below for some best selling casserole carriers via Amazon, or here for a larger selection.