Bloody Mary Mix Homemade Recipe Overview
This Bloody Mary Mix Homemade Recipe was over a decade in the making of this final solid classic remake. Asking bartenders what they put in it over the years showed there were a lot of differences out there from coast to coast. The quantities of each ingredient took the most time, including the gathering of opinions. Now, here’s the mix recipe, followed by notes on completing the actual drink.Jump to Recipe
Homemade Bloody Mary Mix
Bloody Mary MIX Ingredients
- 3 cups Tomato Juice or V8 Original Juice or Spicy V8
- 24 drops Tabasco Sauce (or other hot sauce); about 60 drops per tsp.
- 2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp celery seeds
- 1 tsp black ground pepper
Bloody Mary DRINK Ingredients
- 3 cups Bloody Mary Mix from above; for ¾ cup mix per drink
- 6 ounces vodka or 1.5 ounces per drink
- 1 stalk celery use ¼ stalk per drink, split down middle; as a garnish
- For Just the MIX: Combine all Mix ingredients with a few cubes of ice and shake vigorously in a shaker. Ready to serve or store in the fridge (out of shaker).
- For DRINKS: Follow the DRINK ingredients amounts above and mix thoroughly or shake vigorously in a shaker . Pour into a glass ½ full of ice. Garnish with 1-2 small, split celery stick(s).
How to Make Bloody Mary Mix with V8 or Tomato Juice
You make the Bloody Mary Mix by combining the ingredients together and then storing the Mix in the fridge. When ready to have a Bloody Mary drink, you just add the Vodka, insert a split celery stick (optional), and it’s ready. The ingredients are listed in this post’s recipe above. If you just want the recipe for the drink, click here.
What do you mix with Bloody Mary mix?
The main ingredients here are V-8 juice (or tomato juice), Tabasco sauce, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, black pepper, and celery seeds. The recipe is shown above and it has all the amounts of each ingredient to use. There’s also a recipe sizer feature for increasing or decreasing the quantity desired.
Bloody Mary Mix Recipe for a Crowd
With this recipe, you can easily click on the “Recipe RESIZER” option for quantities up to 10 times the recipe amount by clicking on the <10x> option.
Bloody Mary Mix/Drink History
On this particular type of drink, I’ve learned (and tasted) lots of different kinds over the years that people swore were the best and I thought somewhat otherwise, at times. Fortunately, for those that were pretty good I inquired of the bartender on ingredients and quantities. So, hopefully this selection of ingredients are the best parts of those for your own experience.
Here’s about the interesting history of this cocktail drink: Bloody Mary.
Other Beverages to Consider
Try adult beverages like these:
Or try non-alcoholic fruity beverages like these: