Uses for Guacamole
This is a wonderfully authentic recipe that beats the pre-made packages from a grocery store.
You can make this a day or two in advance, as it will last for up to 3 days. It goes great with fajitas and along with your other dips for appetizers. This is rated somewhat mild for spiciness so, for more spicy servings, just increase the cayenne red pepper a bit. This recipe is related to Fajitas and Pico de Gallo and we have those recipes as well. They’re here: Pico de Gallo and Fajitas.
For more information about Guacamole and its meanings, click here.
- 2 Avocados Split around the middle (top to bottom), remove the large center "nut". Then, use a spoon to scoop out the soft interior contents. Toss away the remaining outer "skin".
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- ⅔ tsp minced garlic Alternatively, use ½ this quantity of garlic powder instead.
- ⅔ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp cayenne red pepper This amount gives just a mild "kick". Can adjust later to taste, for adding more "kick", if desired.
- ¼ cup sweet onion, diced small
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro, freeze-dried chopped leaves Freeze dried, chopped leaves. Alternatively, use fresh chopped cilantro leaves, adding about ½ of this quantity more.
- ⅓ cup tomato, diced small or you can alternatively use grape tomatoes
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly in any order. It's then ready to use.
- You can store covered in the refrigerator for about 3 days for usage; mix up again prior to each usage.
Visit our Site Blog for new articles on relevant food and beverages topics for the home and the industry.
Visit our ALL Recipes page for ongoing latest new recipes.