Cornbread Small Batch for 5 to 6-inch Diameter Size
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup yellow cornmeal mix (or white)
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- ⅔ cup buttermilk (or regular milk + 1 tsp lemon juice)
- 2 tbsp oil (vegetable, e.g., peanut oil)
- Add all dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Add in the final ingredients and mix by hand to create a basic batter.
- Determine the baking container. Choose something small such as a loaf pan, 6-inch iron skillet, or something else. Oil the chosen baking container. Pour and scrape batter into it.
- Bake at 400°F for about 15 minutes. Cut and serve.
About Cornbread Easy Recipe Small Batch
This cornbread easy recipe small batch is great for 8 small slices, usually 1-2 per person. It’s a great southern small skillet cornbread recipe using yellow cornmeal combined with some flour. Some southerners will opt for white cornmeal. The addition of the flour makes it less coarse. And some southerners will use less flour and more cornmeal. The inclusion of sugar is a typical half amount in other recipes. So, it provides a very subtle sweetness and doesn’t try to appeal to others like a cake sweetness. All of these ingredients are designed to make the cornbread enjoyable to more people and to to maintain that southern flavor and texture for many generations. Now, we’ll mention what cornbread goes with.
Cornbread goes with recipes like these
It goes great with these ham and beans recipes as well with other main courses. And, here’s a cornbread muffins recipe as well for easy eating.
Baking pans for cornbread usage (Amazon)
Or, here is the Amazon page for the current best sellers for cornbread pans. You can bake this recipe in a loaf pan, a small 6-inch iron skillet, or other types as shown below.