About This Wing Dip, Veggie Dip Recipe
After a number of years, this recipe evolved a lot using countless differing ingredients. We even used ranch dressing powder at one point. We tried various blue cheese types as well. We inquired from restaurants of what was in their dips. Ultimately, we concluded with this recipe and haven’t changed it since which everyone thoroughly enjoys.
This is homemade dip for veggies with sour cream and other ingredients that meld together so well, it doubles as a perfect dip for hot wings. If you want it to be a bit on the healthier side, you can reduce the sour cream and mayonnaise and then substitute in some plain yogurt. Plain yogurt is sometimes hard to find in a small size but it’s out there.
Dip for Veggies or Wings
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup ranch dressing
- 2 tsp chicken bouillon
- 2 tbsp celery seed
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese we prefer danish blue cheese
- Simply add all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and stir until well blended.
- Serve with your choice of vegetables, chicken wings and anything in-between.
Dip for Veggies and Chips
Is this a good dip for chips? Only if you leave out the blue cheese. So, knowing this, you could make your double amount, and separate 1/2 to leave out the blue cheese to have a great chip dip, alongside the wings and veggies dip.
Resources of this Homemade Dip for Veggies and Wings
So, here are some other great dips:
- Onion Soup Dip Mix (great for when you don’t have a packet on hand and saves money)
- Honey Mustard Dip for chicken fingers or chicken nuggets
- Real Crab Dip
- Authentic Guacamole Dip (for Tortilla Chips)
Visit DarnGoodRecipes.com™ often for other recipes and related blog articles.
Visit Wikipedia here to learn more about vegetables.