Homemade Fried Mushrooms
Mushroom BATTER Ingredients
- 1 pound whole mushrooms rinsed, dried, and cut into bite-sized pieces
- Rinse mushrooms thoroughly, pat somewhat dry, cut into bite-sized pieces, and set aside.
- Mix the Batter ingredients together in a bowl. Put all the mushroom pieces into the batter and mix them up to coat.
- Heat the frying pan with the small layer of frying oil to about medium high.
- Place each battered piece into the pan until it's a little less than full.
- Keep the mushrooms separated and turn occasionally to brown reasonably well.
- As each piece is done, place onto the paper towel for draining.
- Can serve with a dipping sauce.
About Homemade Fried Mushrooms Recipe
Having a homemade fried mushrooms recipe empowers you to have them twice as tasty. Also, we have the equally flavorful and easy fried mushroom dipping sauce. I’ve used this recipe in 4 ways: the deep fryer, pan fried, oven, and air fryer. To me, the best has been pan fried, since it uses less oil than the deep fryer. So, that’s the method shown here.
Fried Mushrooms Tips
- When preparing the grocery list for this recipe, also check needed items for the dipping sauce as well, e.g., “prepared horseradish”.
- When preparing to cook them, line up your items like an assembly line that leads not only into the frying pan, but also exiting to go onto the paper towels for draining.
- If you don’t have buttermilk, there are a lot of alternative workarounds as shown on here.
- During the cooking process, because of the batter overlapping, you’ll need to keep the pieces pulled apart. This will significantly aid in the turning over process.