About this Recipe for Green Beans and Carrots
Because this recipe for green beans and carrots are sautéed with diced onions, it’s flavors are all melded with its added seasonings. The manner and speed of creating this side dish is well organized.
Skillet Recipe for Green Beans and Carrots
- 1 lb green beans
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 10 each baby carrots or 1½ regular carrots
- 2 tbsp olive oil or peanut oil, or other vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Mrs. Dash optional
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp Ground Black Pepper or less
- Add oil to pan and begin to heat to medium.2 tbsp olive oil
- Snap the stringy ends off the green beans, if any are present. Then, quickly rinse beans and shake to drain.1 lb green beans
- Dice the onion. Split the peeled baby carrots lengthwise. Increase the heat to medium-high.10 each baby carrots, ½ medium onion, diced
- Add in all vegetables now. Toss briefly. Add more oil if needed for just a light coating. Add in all seasonings and continue to toss briefly to distribute.¼ tsp salt, ½ tsp Ground Black Pepper, 1 tsp Mrs. Dash
- After a total of about 5 minutes, reduce to medium low. Turn vegetables thoroughly (scraping pan bottom), cover the skillet and reduce to medium low. Continue to let it cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat, turn vegetables, and serve.
Green Beans and Carrots Side Dish
This recipe for green beans and carrots side dish goes with just about any meal. It goes excellent with rice and Country Fried Fish. And it can go equally as well with mashed potatoes and a Steak from the grill. Also, not only as a side dish, if you increased the quantity, it could quite easily serve the purpose as a main course for a vegetable dinner, as it does include 3 vegetables. Here’s some nutritional information on cooked carrots.