Authentic Guacamole Recipe
- 2 Avocados Split around the middle (top to bottom), remove the large center "nut". Scoop out the soft interior contents. Toss away the remaining outer "skin".
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- ⅔ tsp minced garlic Alternatively, use ½ this quantity of garlic powder.
- ⅔ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp cayenne red pepper This amount gives just a mild "kick".
- ¼ cup sweet onion, diced small
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro, freeze dried Alternatively, use fresh chopped cilantro leaves, adding about ½ of this quantity more.
- ⅓ cup diced tomatoes canned or fresh; can also use grape tomatoes
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly in any order. It's then ready to use.
- You can store covered in the refrigerator for about 3 days for usage; mix up again prior to each usage.
About This Best Authentic Guacamole Recipe
This is the best Mexican Guacamole recipe that beats the pre-made packages from a grocery store.
You can make this a day or two in advance, as it will last for up to 3 days. It’s an easy recipe for guacamole dip. It goes great with fajitas, right along with your other dips for appetizers.
This is rated somewhat mild for spiciness so, for more spicy servings, just increase the cayenne red pepper a bit. This recipe is related to Fajitas and Pico de Gallo and we have those recipes as well. They’re here: Pico de Gallo and Steak Fajitas.
After making it, you’ll know it’s the best authentic Mexican guacamole recipe. For more information about Guacamole and its meanings, click here.