About This Best Authentic Guacamole Recipe
This is the best Mexican Guacamole recipe that beats the pre-made packages from a grocery store.
You can make this a day or two in advance, as it will last for up to 3 days. It’s an easy recipe for guacamole dip. It goes great with fajitas, right along with your other dips for appetizers.
Authentic Guacamole Recipe
- 2 Avocados Split around the middle (top to bottom), remove the large center "nut". Scoop out the soft interior contents. Toss away the remaining outer "skin".
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- ⅔ tsp minced garlic Alternatively, use ½ this quantity of garlic powder.
- ⅔ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp cayenne red pepper This amount gives just a mild "kick".
- ¼ cup sweet onion, diced small
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro, freeze dried Alternatively, use fresh chopped cilantro leaves, adding about ½ of this quantity more.
- ⅓ cup diced tomatoes canned or fresh; can also use grape tomatoes
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly in any order. It's then ready to use.
- You can store covered in the refrigerator for about 3 days for usage; mix up again prior to each usage.
This is rated somewhat mild for spiciness so, for more spicy servings, just increase the cayenne red pepper a bit. This recipe is related to Fajitas and Pico de Gallo and we have those recipes as well. They’re here: Pico de Gallo and Steak Fajitas.
Nutritional Values of Authentic Guacamole
The nutritional values are shown in the <Print Recipe> option.
After making it, you’ll know it’s the best authentic Mexican guacamole recipe. For more information about Guacamole and its meanings, click here.