Homemade Bloody Mary Mix with V8
Bloody Mary MIX Ingredients
- 3 cups Tomato Juice or V-8 Original Juice
- 24 drops Tabasco Sauce (or other hot sauce); about 60 drops per tsp.
- 2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp celery seeds
- 1 tsp black ground pepper
Bloody Mary DRINK Ingredients
- 3 cups Bloody Mary Mix (above) or ¾ cup per drink
- 6 ounces vodka or 1.5 to 3 ounces per drink
- 1 stalk celery use ¼ stalk per drink, split down middle; as a garnish
- For Just the MIX: Combine all Mix ingredients with a few cubes of ice and shake vigorously in a shaker. Ready to serve or store in the fridge (out of shaker).
- For DRINKS: Follow the DRINK ingredients amounts above and shake vigorously in a shaker . Pour into a glass ½ full of ice. Garnish with 1-2 small, split celery stick(s).
Bloody Mary Mix Overview
This was over a decade in the making of this final solid classic remake. Asking bartenders what they put in it over the years showed there were a lot of differences out there from coast to coast. The quantities of each ingredient took the most time, including the gathering of opinions. Now, here’s the mix recipe, followed by notes on completing the actual drink.
If you just want the recipe for the drink, click here.
Bloody Mary Mix/Drink History
On this particular type of drink, I’ve learned (and tasted) lots of different kinds over the years that people swore were the best and I thought somewhat otherwise, at times. Fortunately, many were pretty good so, hopefully these ingredients are the best parts of those. Here’s about the interesting history of this cocktail drink: Bloody Mary.
Visit DarnGoodRecipes.com™ often for other recipes and related blog articles.