Cook Kielbasa Stovetop
- 13 oz kielbasa or smoked sausage; 1 pkg of 12-16 oz is fine
- ½ tbsp oil
- ½ medium onion, diced
- ⅔ tbsp yellow mustard
- 1¼ tbsp dark brown sugar or brown sugar
- ½ tsp lemon juice optional
- ½ tbsp honey optional
- ½ tsp molasses optional
- Partially sauté the onions in the oil on medium to medium-high for about 5 minutes. Then, add in the kielbasa chunks and cook at medium high.13 oz kielbasa, ½ tbsp oil, ½ medium onion, diced
- When the meat begins to show browned edges (usually within 5-10 minutes), reduce heat to medium-low. Add in remaining ingredients and cook for another 2-3 minutes.⅔ tbsp yellow mustard, 1¼ tbsp dark brown sugar, ½ tsp lemon juice, ½ tbsp honey, ½ tsp molasses
About The Best Way to Cook Kielbasa Stovetop in a Frying Pan or Skillet
If you’ve every asked what is the best way to cook kielbasa, it’s fastest way is to cook kielbasa stovetop method. And, if you want to perform a popular sheet pan method, here’s that recipe, which is also very flavorful. Both are fast but this way to cook kielbasa in skillet is the absolute quickest.
Types of Meat for Kielbasa Stove Top
Also, these ingredients are extremely unique for kielbasa, whether you use the sausage, beef, or turkey kind of kielbasa. You can use this recipe for any of those types but the two that are favored are the kielbasa sausage (pork) or the turkey kielbasa. These ingredients make this main course recipe the favorite for all family members, including the kids.
What sides are good when you cook Kielbasa sausage in a frying pan?
To learn more about kielbasa and its Polish origins, here’s an article via Wikipedia.