Recipe for Liver Pâté: Chicken Livers
- 1 lb chicken livers
- 1 cup butter 1 cup = 2 sticks
- 1 medium onion
- ½ tsp paprika
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- Rinse chicken livers in a colander and cut up onion. Remove any heart or gizzards, if exists.
- Melt ¼ of the butter in a medium skillet. That's ½ stick for every lb. of livers. Add chicken livers, onion, paprika, salt and pepper and mix together. Begin to cook at medium-high for 1-2 minutes. Then, reduce to low heat.
- Cover and cook over low heat at least 12-15 more minutes. Ensure liver is fully cooked and onions translucent. Scrape bottom and stir a couple of times during cooking. Blend mixture until smooth in an electric blender while slowly adding the remaining butter.
- Transfer blended contents into a mold or a serving dish and chill until firm, usually about 3-4 hours.
- Remove from fridge about 10-15 minutes before serving. Serve with crackers or bagel chips.
About This Recipe for Liver Pate
This recipe for Liver Pâté , when prepared by Gourmet Chefs, has more added ingredients and the meat is commonly under-cooked, in our opinion. Ours is fully cooked. And our emphasis is to use regular ingredients, quick and easy steps, and enjoy the taste that everyone comes back to ask for more. It’s been enjoyed for decades and the recipe remains unchanged for just as long.
Recipe for Liver Pate Easy to Serve
Regarding serving, this liver pate is easy as well. However, if it’s fresh from the fridge, you’ll want to include a small serving knife to cut it. Until it gets closer to room temperature, it will require a bladed utensil. Think of how a stick of butter acts in a similar fashion. After it softens, it’s still considered a “spread” and not a “dip” so a serving utensil is still used.
Click here to learn about Liver Pâté from Wikipedia.