Introduction to Pan Fried Salmon Recipe
This fast and easy pan fried salmon recipe that uses a healthy and easy-to-cook method providing many nutritional benefits. This is the best quick salmon recipe. We will cover the absolute easiest and fastest way to cook salmon in 15 minutes or less, and we’ll share our favorite method. Just follow along both this article and the instructions in this simple recipe for salmon fillets.
Pan Fried Salmon Recipe
- 24 oz. Salmon filets skin on
- 2 tbsp olive oil for salmon
- 2 tbsp olive oil for frying pan
- 8 tbsp Mrs. Dash original
- Rinse off the salmon filets. Press some paper towels on salmon to absorb excess water away.24 oz. Salmon
- Coat salmon with olive oil.2 tbsp olive oil
- Rub the Mrs. Dash seasonings onto the skinless side of oiled salmon.8 tbsp Mrs. Dash
- Heat frying pan to medium-high with a thin film of oil. Add salmon (seasoned side down) and immediately reduce heat to medium-low. It will initially sear and continue to cook modestly for about 5-7 minutes each side.2 tbsp olive oil
- To ensure doneness, cover if desired, after turning.
How to Pan Fry Salmon
The most popular method of cooking salmon is simply pan fried. This pan seared salmon recipe shows the absolute fastest way. The salmon is rinsed off, patted somewhat dry with paper towels, and then oiled with olive oil on both sides. You then apply Mrs. Dash as a thick layer rubbed on the skinless side. With a heated fry pan of just a little oil, you begin by placing the salmon fillets skin side down. Cook initially a bit hot and reduced to cook slower, after becoming seared. It takes about 5-7 minutes on each side.
Easy Salmon Recipe Pan Fried FAQ
Recipe for Salmon Skin On
When you pan fry salmon, you can easily pan fry salmon with skin on. There is no difference in cooking salmon with this recipe if you have or do not have skin on the fish. However, if there is skin on salmon, the recommended method is to fry the skin side FIRST. Then, after you turn it, that side is cooked enough to where you can remove it, if desired, by scraping it lightly and loosely with a fork. It will not remove usually in one piece so, prepare for that. Some people will like it with the skin on so, there are those considerations as well.
How Long Do You Cook Salmon on Each Side?
When people ask “How long should I cook salmon on the stove?”, I always advise them that it depends on the thickness of the salmon. However, many recipes call for an extremely short period of time. I am focused on both taste and food safety so, I tend to recommend 5 to 7 minutes with a somewhat thick salmon of about 1/2 to 3/4-inch at the thickest part. And, that’s also considering that you’re cooking salmon with skin on. If the salmon is a more common thickness (store bought) of less than 1/2-inch, then a shorter time can be about 3 minutes per side.
Toppings for Salmon Fillet and Sides for Salmon
Toppings for Salmon Fillet
You can accompany your salmon by making one of our very easy homemade tartar sauce recipes.
Good Sides for Salmon
When you want to know what are some good sides for salmon fillets, it can sometimes be a bit difficult. So, for some excellent ideas for pan fried salmon sides, here is a good starting guide. These are some popular choices and they might help in triggering your own ideas as well. Most will also have convenient links to their individual recipes.
- Saffron Rice
- White Rice
- Baked Potatoes
- Loaded Baked Potatoes
- Cooked Cabbage
- Asparagus with Tomatoes
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Potatoes and Green Beans
- Zucchini and Yellow Squash
- Skillet Green Beans
- Green Beans and Carrots
- Corn on the Cob from Oven
Resources of Salmon Recipes
Here are several topics regarding salmon as a fish and regarding food recipes.
- Read about the health benefits of salmon.
- Here’s how to make salmon patties from fresh salmon and its recipe of cooking on the stove top, i.e., Salmon Croquettes.
- Here’s a full listing of multiple salmon recipes.
- You can also serve a recipe for crab dip on the side.
In conclusion, this easy recipe for salmon gives you a quick salmon dinner. It’s an extremely simple and fast way to cook this healthy fish. In summary, you basically oil the fillets, season them with Mrs. Dash, and finish by cooking in a hot pan for a few minutes per side. You’ll have a delicious and nutritious meal in no time!