About This Pico de Gallo Easy Recipe
This recipe is so easy and simple to prepare the ingredients and mix them together, and you’re done! You can’t beat this authentic Pico de Gallo EASY recipe’s flavor and content over those in the grocery store. Most of them will mainly just have chopped tomatoes and onions. This has it all, yet it’s so simple to make, as you’ll discover.
Pico de Gallo Easy Traditional Recipe
- 1 cup diced tomatoes Alternately, use canned drained diced tomatoes
- 1 cup diced sweet onion
- 1 pepper jalapeno Slice down the middle, remove the seeds, and chop small.
- ½ cup cilantro, freeze dried Alternatively, use fresh chopped leaves, about ½ quantity more.
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice Can use more to taste.
- Combine all ingredients, ensuring lime juice is last. Thoroughly mix-toss together. It's then ready to use.
- You can store covered in the refrigerator for a maximum of about 3 days for usage; mix up again prior to each usage.
Planning Ahead To Save Time
You can even make this a day or two in advance. It goes best with fajitas and some use it with corn tortilla chips as an appetizer, like salsa. And some even add this to a pre-packaged salsa for enhancing the flavor. This is between mild and medium spicy so, for less spicy servings, reduce or omit the jalapeno pepper. Otherwise, it’s easily adjustable to also be hotter.
For more information about Pico de Gallo and its meanings, click here.