Flavorful Salmon Patties
SALMON PATTIES INGREDIENTS
- 1½ lbs salmon filets or canned salmon
- 1 cup bread crumbs Italian flavored
- ⅓ cup parsley flakes
- 2 large eggs beaten
- ⅔ medium onion diced fine
- 1½ tbsp Old Bay seasoning
- ¼ tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1½ tbsp minced garlic or ½ this amount garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise heaping
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp olive oil for frying patties
- Rinse the salmon filets in cold water. Press with paper towels to remove excess water.
- Cook salmon in microwave for about 2½ minutes. Or, pan fry, if desired to cook it that way. Then, set aside to cool.
- Add all Patties Ingredients (except hot salmon) to mixing bowl. Then, if salmon has cooled enough to handle, break it apart and add to the same bowl. Remove most skin to discard, where possible.
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly by hand. Add a very small layer of oil to frying pan and heat to medium.
- When pan is hot, form the salmon patties (about 2-3 inches diameter) and add to pan. Cook each side about 5-7 minutes. Reduce heat a little below medium if needed.
Resources of Salmon Patties Fresh Salmon
This method of how to make salmon patties from fresh salmon, aka “how to prepare salmon croquettes”, is unique in saving time. First focus is to get the fresh salmon cooked. It’s done the quickest via microwave. And, it cools down to handle it if done in the order of the steps shown. Most other recipes will have extra steps in cooking the salmon, cooking the onions, and so on. Many recipes were tested and this one is the absolute fastest and still has an extremely high level of naturally seasoned flavors.
Salmon Burgers Fresh Salmon
These are also known as salmon burgers fresh salmon patties and they go extremely well with this dill tartar sauce. No matter what you may call them, the key is basically to get the salmon cooked, make the patties, and cook them about like you would a burger. They can be served on a plate as a main course with vegetables or other sides. Or, they can be served on a bun like a burger, using condiments like tartar sauce or ketchup. And then, have such sides like fries, tater tots, or onion rings.
What’s the Quickest Way to Cook Salmon?
To fry them in a pan. Here’s the quickest pan frying recipe for fresh salmon that adds just a spice and a little oil. The method applied is the absolute fastest and still has a lot of flavor. It’s basically how to prepare salmon croquettes.
Can salmon patties be frozen?
Yes, if stored properly, for about 3 months. Use “patty papers” to keep them separated so you can pull them apart to remove only what you want to reheat. Store them in sandwich bags and then again in a larger food storage bag.
Patty Papers are for keeping salmon croquettes (patties), burger patties, and other individual serving items easier to separate while frozen. This makes it great for portioning out and reducing food waste.
Related Dishes to this Salmon Recipe
You can have an appetizer dish such as this recipe for crab dip. Or, you can see the alternative items below.