About Cornbread Easy Recipe Large 12 Inch Batch
This cornbread easy recipe large 12 inch batch is great for 12 good-sized slices. It’s a great southern cornbread recipe using yellow cornmeal combined with some flour. You can use yellow or white cornmeal.
The addition of the flour makes it less coarse and is very common these days. It changed to this a couple or more generations back. However, some will use more or less cornmeal versus the flour to get the texture the way they like it.
The inclusion of sugar is a bit less than other outside recipes will have. The sweetness is subtle so, it doesn’t seem like a cake sweetness. This recipe is designed to have that true cornbread flavor and to be favored to more people.
Cornbread Large Batch for 12-inch Diameter Size
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cup yellow cornmeal mix (or white)
- 4½ tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cup buttermilk (or regular milk + 3 tsp lemon juice)
- ⅓ cup oil (vegetable, e.g., peanut oil)
- Add all dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Add in the final ingredients and mix by hand to create a basic batter.
- Determine the baking container. Choose something like a 9×13 casserole dish or a 12-inch iron skillet, or something else. Oil the chosen baking container. Pour and scrape batter into it.
- Bake at 400°F for about 18 minutes. Cut and serve.
Cornbread goes with recipes like ham and beans
It goes great with ham and beans recipes. And here’s a bit more variations of cornbread.
Baking pans for cornbread easy recipe large 12 inch batch
For this large size recipe, you can bake it in a 12-inch iron skillet, a 9×13 oblong casserole dish, or similar sized baking containers. And, if you need the recipe larger, just use the convenient built-in quantity sizer to double it, triple it, and so on.
Nutritional Values of this Cornbread Recipe
The nutritional values are shown in the <Print Recipe> option.