About This Bloody Mary Drink
This was over a decade in the making of this final solid classic remake. There are tons of different versions out there. Asking bartenders what they put in it over the years showed there were a lot of differences from coast to coast. The quantities of each ingredient took the most time, including the gathering of opinions.
If you want just to make the Bloody Mary Mix, see that recipe here.Jump to Recipe
Homemade Bloody Mary Drink
Bloody Mary MIX Ingredients
- 1½ cups Tomato Juice or V-8 Original Juice or Spicy
- 12 drops Tabasco Sauce (or other hot sauce)
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp celery seeds
- ½ tsp black ground pepper
- 3 ounces vodka or 1.5 to 3 ounces per drink
- ½ stalk celery split down middle; as a garnish
- Combine all ingredients (except celery) above and mix thoroughly or shake vigorously in a shaker.
- Pour into a glass ½ full of ice. Garnish with the 1-2 small, split celery stick(s).
- You can use the amount multiplier to increase recipe quantities.
- A trusted source also recommended having feta cheese stuffed olives as an additive to this drink. Sounds fantastic!
Bloody Mary Drink History
On this particular type of drink, I’ve learned (and tasted) lots of different kinds over the years that people swore were the best and I thought somewhat otherwise, at times. Fortunately, many were pretty good so, hopefully these ingredients are the best parts of those. Here’s about the interesting history of this cocktail drink: Bloody Mary.
Other Beverages to Consider
Try adult beverages like these:
Or try non-alcoholic fruity beverages like these: