About Celery Soup Recipe Without Cream
Regarding this quick celery soup recipe for weight loss, it’s an easy fit in the celery soup slimming world. It’s calories and nutrients are great for such an endeavor, even if you adding in the optional additions of carrots and onions. You opt to replace the chicken bouillon granules for some vegetable broth if you choose to; however, you might then want to add in some salt to taste. Regardless, it is a quick celery soup taste if you have that craving. And, to top it off, it’s a celery soup no dairy, no blender, and no potatoes.
You just can’t beat that for its speed in creating it. You can opt to leave out the bit of flour also, if you choose to, for this low calorie endeavor. Regarding how to make celery soup for weight loss, this is probably the fastest method to use and still retain very good flavor along with its nutritional values and being in the celery soup slimming world.
Quick Celery Soup Recipe Without Cream
- 4 stalks celery diced fine
- 1 tbsp butter or olive oil
- 1 tbsp flour all purpose
- 6 cups water cold or room temp.
- ¾ tsp chicken bouillon granules
- ¼ tsp thyme
- 1 large carrot, diced Optional addition. Diced small.
- ½ medium onion, diced Optional addition. Diced small.
- Sauté the celery (and any other optional additions, if any) in the butter in a frying pan or skillet for about 2 minutes at medium high heat. Although not needed, this recipe shows with the optional additions.4 stalks celery, 1 tbsp butter, 1 large carrot, diced, ½ medium onion, diced
- Add in the flour and stir to mix in thoroughly. Slowly pour in ½ cup of the cold (or room temp) water. Stir constantly until fully boiling. Add in remaining water and any other ingredients. Stir to mix well until boiling again.1 tbsp flour, 6 cups water, ¾ tsp chicken bouillon granules, ¼ tsp thyme
- Reduce heat to simmer and cover for 10 minutes or until celery (and any added veggies) are softened. Then, serve.
Resources About Celery
Celery has been around a long time, and celery soup is no different. Celery has been grown in the marshlands, and has a history with cultures such as the Greeks, Italians, and French. It was originally known to be grown in winter and early spring and its focus was to be eaten to bring about some balance after a long winter of eaten primarily meat. In Asia, it’s sometimes pickled as a side dish. Celery itself is eaten as a vegetable around the world.
In the U.S., it used to be stored in restaurants in water, along with a preservative but that practice was later banned by the FDA. That’s because, over time, it was learned that the sulfides in the preservatives would cause allergic reactions to enough people that it was decided to halt that procedure.
Celery itself, although it’s about 95% of water, it’s known to be rich in Vitamin K and is a good source of energy. If you want to read more, click here for more details from Wikipedia.
Now that you know how to prepare celery soup with the recipe, it can go very well with a reliable, BLT Sandwich recipe here.