About This Quick Chicken Salad Recipe for Submarine Sandwich
This is a great idea for either using leftover chicken, chicken salad, or just making it quick and fresh with the shown ingredients. Click to see a homemade sub roll recipe or here for a regular chicken salad recipe as a main course.
Visit our ALL Recipes page for ongoing latest new recipes.
Speedy Chicken Salad Subs for 2 or More
- 2 sub rolls
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise optional only
- 2 tbsp Italian dressing optional only
Chicken Salad for Subs INGREDIENTS
- ½ lb cooked chicken, diced
- 1 stalk celery diced
- ⅓ cup carrots diced or shredded
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- ¾ tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- ⅓ tsp Ground Black Pepper
- If not using leftover chicken salad, combine the "Chicken Salad for Sub Ingredients" and set aside.. Cut the sub rolls in half, lengthwise. Remove excess interior breading to allow for adding sub ingredients.
- Option: Spread on the mayonnaise.
- Add on the chicken salad
- Cut the provolone slices in half and add 2 halves to each sub.
- Option: Add lightly the Italian dressing.
- Fold the subs closed and (optionally) cut in half to serve.
To read more about the history of chickens, click here. They’re a terrestrial bird ancestor from the dinosaur era.