Recipe for Cantaloupe Salad
- ½ medium cantaloupe
- 2 stalks celery
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- ½ tsp Ground Black Pepper
Cut the Cantaloupe into Bite-Sized Pieces
- Rinse the outside of the cantaloupe and cut in half lengthwise.
- Remove the innards and discard. Set aside one of the cantaloupe halves by tightly sealing it and placing in the fridge. With the remaining half of the cantaloupe, slice it into 4 sections (like the shape of quarter moons).½ medium cantaloupe
- With each section, make a deep end-to-end cut down the middle but not going past the rind.
- Cut cross sectionally about every ½-inch.
- Slice the orange cantaloupe near the rind to separate it. Put the pieces in a mixing bowl. Discard the rind and repeat with the other sections.
Making the Cantaloupe Salad
- Diced the celery and add it, along with the mayo and black pepper to the cantaloupe pieces in the mixing bowl. Combine to distribute evently and coat the pieces. Serve individually in small bowls, optionally on top of part of a lettuce leaf.2 stalks celery, 3 tbsp mayonnaise, ½ tsp Ground Black Pepper
Recipe for Cantaloupe Salad EASY to Make
This recipe for cantaloupe salad is fast and quick. It uses mayo, celery, and black pepper to work together to bring out flavors that will be noticeably appreciated. If serving to children, you might want to consider leaving out the black pepper as that’s mostly preferred by a more mature set of taste buds. But, you never know, some kids might like it with it left in it. Best to let them do a sampling.
How to Cut a Cantaloupe
While the recipe is very easy, there are many initial steps regarding the cutting of the cantaloupe. If you want more details and pics regarding those steps, here are the full details:
What Can Be Added to Cantaloupe Salad
You can add several additional ingredients to this recipe for cantaloupe salad easily. Here’s a list of combinations of items you can consider adding to supplement its flavors:
- Diced cucumber
- Diced cucumber and bacon bits/pieces
- Seedless grapes
- Seedless grapes and walnuts
- Shredded carrots
- Diced carrots
- Crumbled Feta cheese
- Cottage cheese, on the side
What Goes With Cantaloupe Salad
Here are some main courses and side dishes that go well with this recipe for cantaloupe salad.
Health Benefits of Cantaloupe and Conclusion
Here’s a good article on all about the cantaloupe from Medical News Today. It references a lot of the good nutrients, vitamins, and anti-oxidants it provides. It’s also good towards prevention of dehydration during the hot summer months.