About Sheet Pan Kielbasa and Veggies
This sheet pan kielbasa and veggies recipe is extremely simple and has a lot of vegetables in it. In one sense, you could even add one large potato and cut it up (unpeeled) to add it into the mix. You could add in some cutup pieces of cabbage. You could double up on the kielbasa. The options are endless. What makes it simple is it’s one a single sheet pan, kind of like a 1 Pot dish. What makes it easy, you put the prepared items into one mixing bowl and toss them altogether, followed by spreading them out onto the sheet pan and bake it. Easy!
Here’s an added tip. This particular recipe doesn’t do well with lining the sheet pan with foil. Although it doesn’t happen all the time, it sometimes tends to tear when scooping to serve so, we added a note about “no foil” in the steps. And we even always use heavy duty foil.
Sheet Pan Kielbasa and Veggies
- 13 oz kielbasa precooked; can be 12-16 oz.
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes
- ¾ lb. brussels sprouts
- 1 large onion
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 tbsp parsley dried
- ⅔ tbsp paprika
- ⅔ tbsp oregano
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray (or apply) large sheet pan with oil, Do not line it with foil.
- Slice and cut zucchini (peeled), onion, and sausage into bite-sized pieces. Transfer into a large bowl.13 oz kielbasa, 1 medium zucchini, 1 large onion
- Trim ends of brussels sprouts, slice in half, and add them plus the tomatoes to the same bowl.1 cup cherry tomatoes, ¾ lb. brussels sprouts
- Add spices and oil to bowl ingredients and hand toss until evenly blended.1 tbsp parsley, ⅔ tbsp paprika, ⅔ tbsp oregano, 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Empty the bowl, spreading out its contents onto large sheet pan. Bake 375°F in preheated oven, middle shelf, uncovered, turning once half way through, for a total time of 50 minutes or until ingredients are slightly browned.
What side dishes go well with this recipe for sheet pan sausage and veggies?
Along with this real simple, one sheet pan sausage and veggies supper, you’ll find that many of the sides are already included in the ingredients. But, we do have some additional suggestions for sides. It already has squash and tomatoes so those won’t be used as sides. But, if you didn’t add in any potatoes, you can have oven baked potatoes, loaded baked potatoes, or mashed potatoes as a very good side dish. And, the oven times are similar to cooking baked potatoes alongside. Also, a side of fresh fruit goes well. Here are some more sides that go with this recipe for sheet pan sausage and veggies, as shown below.
What is Kielbasa?
It’s the Polish word for “sausage” for starters. And, as we all know, there’s a ton of different kinds of sausage. So, what’s kielbasa made of and what’s the difference between it, bratwurst, and other sausages? Here’s a particular link to Premio Foods Sausages site that answers those questions in an expert manner and more: What’s the difference between bratwursts, sausage, and kielbasa?
Now you can easily make this kielbasa recipe. And, a similar meat recipe to try is this Little Smokies on the Stove Top in 10 minutes.